Take out missing teeth
A beautiful smile would bring out a confident face. However, when there is a missing tooth, people would be conscious of their looks and smile. Immediate dental implants help to improve self-esteem by returning the real smile. It takes the place of the aesthetic or cosmetic dentistry zones. Immediate dental implants are the placing of teeth immediately on the dental implant within 24 to 48 hours of surgery. These implants are placed in the dental sockets where there is a missing tooth.
Benefits of immediate dental implants
- There are several benefits to immediate dental implants, such as:
- Minimal time for the treatment
- These are natural-looking
- Improves self-esteem
- Works just like a normal tooth
- Will have better functioning in the lower jaw
- Works best for the front tooth
- Prevents bone loss
- The recovery period is minimal
- Helps in minimizing angled abutments
- Could be placed in the very same position as the extracted teeth
- Improves chewing, smile, and speech
- Helps to fill the gaps of the tooth
- Helps to eliminate further surgeries in the future
Immediate dental implants would last for a more extended period, and for this success, the doctors would perform a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Certain factors need to be taken into consideration before performing immediate dental implants. These would include knowing the quality of the bone, primary stability of the implants, type of gum, density of the bone, design of the implant, and bite consistencies. All these are the essential aspects to avoid unnecessary mistakes during the procedure.
Initially, the doctor would rinse the patient’s mouth with a solution, and local anesthesia would be given. Once the particular area is numb, the damaged tooth will be extracted, or the broken tooth will be removed from the socket without damaging the bone in the surrounding area. The implant is placed simultaneously to the root of the tooth for excellent primary stability. An abutment will be performed to place the crown, which is the new tooth.
Immediate dental implants are considered to be the apt solution to replace missing teeth within a short period. This is a minimally invasive surgical technique that helps to preserve the gingival aesthetics as well.
Authored By DR. SUDHAKAR REDDY – Implantologist, Bangalore